We are happy to announce the availability of MySword 9.0.1 for download. MySword 9.0.1 is just a bugfix and there are no new features added. MySword 9.0's major features are Bible embedded commentary, notes and pictures; verses with geo-location linked to maps overlaid on modern map; and other improvements.
As this month of March marks the seventh birthday of MySword, we are celebrating this with the release of MySword 9.0/9.0.1!
Please go to the Download MySword page.
- Embedded Bible Commentary does not revert to None but to Personal Notes in the Preferences.
- Bible pictures anchored to a verse using Bible picture commentaries (please download Bible Picture under Commentary; the pictures are © Sweet Publishing (www.sweetpublishing.com), available under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License (3.0)):
- Size can be adjusted, even iconized and tapping shows the picture
- The position can be left or right
- New Bible view preference to show/hide pictures
- Bible Maps using MySword Maps module with embedded geo-locations (the latitude/longitude of the locations in the Bible are taken from https://www.openbible.info/geo/ licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license)
- Currently, the updated Rand McNally (R.M.) Atlas and the new David Rumsey Historical Map Collection can be used. (Please download under Graphic)
- The map modules has a special Bible Map link to show the map with important locations in markers.
- A verse with a location will show a Map link (Location icon place), tapping it will show the map immediately or a selection of map options with score/points at the end (the higher, the more locations included and the narrower the width).
- The Map uses the MySword Map module picture overlaid on Modern terrain map which will only show if the Internet is enabled. Sliding the bar on the top adjusts the opacity of the overlay. The +/- icon is used to zoom aside from pinch zoom. The modern map beneath can be selected using the upper-right button.
- Tapping the location marker fiber_manual_record shows location information. A link to lookup dictionaries is also available for the Deluxe version.
Below are Bible maps for Mat 4:25; the first uses Rumsey's Palestine Jerusalem at 100% opacity; the second is at 0% opacity using NASA as the modern map; the third is also at 0% opacity using OpenStreetMap.FR as the modern map:
Below are Bible maps for Rev 1:11; the first uses Rand-McNally's Isles of Greece and the Seven Churches at 70% opacity using Stamen as the modern map; the second is at 0% opacity using OpenTopoMap as the modern map:
- Embedded commentary on Bible (Deluxe version):
- Select a desired commentary or Personal notes or none
- Translators' notes can also be embedded
- Size can be adjusted
- The position can be left or right
- The number of characters to include can be set, any excess can be view via View more
- New Bible view preferences to show/hide embedded commentary and translators' notes
Note: The Free and Premium version has a demo for ever first chapter of any book.
Below are screen shots; the first is for John 6 using JFB as the embedded commentary; the second is Proverbs 1 KJV with Embedded Bible commentary as None but Embedded translators' notes checked:
- New default commentary link text based on Material icon font. The old default SVG is now a second option.
- Text-to-speech shorter delay at the end of the verse in case the verse ends with space, comma, semi-colon, colon or hyphen.
- Verse selector Grid improvement on some phablets: better distribution of columns and rows.
- Added menu Share (Premium) in Bookmarks (Bible only) and Verse List.
- New long tap popup menu: Highlight word (Deluxe).
- Self links for titles with a space in books work in popup but not in main screen.
- Search Journal sets the current book topic to the current journal topic.
- KJVLite link in compare goes to KJV. Also true for those with abbreviation that ends with Lite or Full like CUV/S-Lite and CUV/T-Lite.
- Auto detect verse (Editor or popup) splits 1/2 Corinthians to use the word or as a separator even though there is no space when it is preceded by another verse, e.g. Pro 1:1, 1Cor 13:1.
- The Prev/Next bottom links in Mini Bible viewer of Editor don't work.