Make A Donation
If you are blessed using this software, please consider making a generous donation to help us continue to support, improve, and upgrade MySword Project. Thank you very much for your support
New Version - v.9.0.1
MySword 9.0.1 is just a bugfix and there are no new features added. It fixed the bug: Embedded Bible Commentary does not revert to None but to Personal Notes in the Preferences.
MySword 9.0's major features are Bible embedded commentary, notes and pictures; verses with geo-location linked to maps overlaid on modern map; and other improvements.
As this month of March marks the seventh birthday of MySword, we are celebrating this with the release of MySword 9.0/9.0.1!
If your device is Google Play Store (Android Market) enabled, note that you can also download the stable Free version (MySword 9.0.1) from the Google Play Store.
Please note that only the Free version is now available in Google Play while the one available from this website can be upgraded to Premium or Deluxe version. The website version can always be installed over the Google Play version by checking Unknown sources (Android Settings->Security).
If your device is not Google Play Store enabled, in your Android device's browser, click either of the download links below.
If your device is Google Play Store (Android Market) enabled, note that you can also download the new version from the Google Play Store.
If your device is not Google Play Store enabled, in your Android device's browser, click the download link below.
Please note that MySword requires the minimum Android version of 2.1 (Eclair) for MySword 7.4 or older to be installed but the new minimum for MySword 8.X is Gingerbread 2.3.1.
For MySword to be properly installed in your Android device, make sure the Unknown Sources setting is checked in Settings->Applications.
- Installation Instructions
- Bugs Fixed in Version 9.0.1
- What's new in Version 9.0
- Bugs Fixed in Version 9.0
- What's new in Version 8.4
- Bugs Fixed in Version 8.4
- Change Log of MySword - Old Versions to latest
Install MySword APK file (preferably downloading the link above in your Android device). If this message "For security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained from the Google Play" or a similar one appears, you will have to enable the installation of applications from sources other than Google Play. To do this, go to Settings->Security and check Unknown Sources. Then try to install again MySword APK.
After successful installation, run MySword. You will then be asked to specify a folder in your SD card (or internal storage) as a place for the Bible, Dictionary and Commentary modules. You may choose to use the default. After specifying that folder, you will be asked to download modules so that you can use MySword. You can choose the suggested modules (includes some popular English Bibles, Strong's dictionary and TSK commentary) or add more modules by tapping Bible, Commentary or Dictionary buttons and selecting modules).
You can also manually install any modules by downloading the GZip files from this site, unzipping them and copying them into the storage folder you had specified.
Enjoy God's word!
MySword 9.0.1 is just a bugfix and there are no new features added.
- Embedded Bible Commentary does not revert to None but to Personal Notes in the Preferences.
- Bible pictures anchored to a verse using Bible picture commentaries (please download Bible Picture under Commentary; the pictures are © Sweet Publishing (www.sweetpublishing.com), available under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License (3.0)):
- Size can be adjusted, even iconized and tapping shows the picture
- The position can be left or right
- New Bible view preference to show/hide pictures
- Bible Maps using MySword Maps module with embedded geo-locations (the latitude/longitude of the locations in the Bible are taken from https://www.openbible.info/geo/ licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license)
- Currently, the updated Rand McNally (R.M.) Atlas and the new David Rumsey Historical Map Collection can be used. (Please download under Graphic)
- The map modules has a special Bible Map link to show the map with important locations in markers.
- A verse with a location will show a Map link (Location icon place), tapping it will show the map immediately or a selection of map options with score/points at the end (the higher, the more locations included and the narrower the width).
- The Map uses the MySword Map module picture overlaid on Modern terrain map which will only show if the Internet is enabled. Sliding the bar on the top adjusts the opacity of the overlay. The +/- icon is used to zoom aside from pinch zoom. The modern map beneath can be selected using the upper-right button.
- Tapping the location marker fiber_manual_record shows location information. A link to lookup dictionaries is also available for the Deluxe version.
Below are Bible maps for Mat 4:25; the first uses Rumsey's Palestine Jerusalem at 100% opacity; the second is at 0% opacity using NASA as the modern map; the third is also at 0% opacity using OpenStreetMap.FR as the modern map:
Below are Bible maps for Rev 1:11; the first uses Rand-McNally's Isles of Greece and the Seven Churches at 70% opacity using Stamen as the modern map; the second is at 0% opacity using OpenTopoMap as the modern map:
- Embedded commentary on Bible (Deluxe version):
- Select a desired commentary or Personal notes or none
- Translators' notes can also be embedded
- Size can be adjusted
- The position can be left or right
- The number of characters to include can be set, any excess can be view via View more
- New Bible view preferences to show/hide embedded commentary and translators' notes
Note: The Free and Premium version has a demo for ever first chapter of any book.
Below are screen shots; the first is for John 6 using JFB as the embedded commentary; the second is Proverbs 1 KJV with Embedded Bible commentary as None but Embedded translators' notes checked:
- New default commentary link text based on Material icon font. The old default SVG is now a second option.
- Text-to-speech shorter delay at the end of the verse in case the verse ends with space, comma, semi-colon, colon or hyphen.
- Verse selector Grid improvement on some phablets: better distribution of columns and rows.
- Added menu Share (Premium) in Bookmarks (Bible only) and Verse List.
- New long tap popup menu: Highlight word (Deluxe).
- Self links for titles with a space in books work in popup but not in main screen.
- Search Journal sets the current book topic to the current journal topic.
- KJVLite link in compare goes to KJV. Also true for those with abbreviation that ends with Lite or Full like CUV/S-Lite and CUV/T-Lite.
- Auto detect verse (Editor or popup) splits 1/2 Corinthians to use the word or as a separator even though there is no space when it is preceded by another verse, e.g. Pro 1:1, 1Cor 13:1.
- The Prev/Next bottom links in Mini Bible viewer of Editor don't work.
- Arrange long tap popup menu items.
- New long tap popup menu: Quick highlight verse - use the previously selected highlight (including remove highlight).
- Long tap highlight verse other than the current will no longer scroll back to the current verse.
- Support for LG Split windows.
- Preferences menu item in Search for the results: Show highlights, Show tags, Collapse adhoc tags. Highlights included formats. Adhoc tags' notes can be collapsed so that very long notes will not clutter the results page.
- New Bible view preference: Collapse tags. This will collapse all tags in a verse into one Tag icon for the main Bible screen and the Editor Bible views.
- Reading Plan (Deluxe) generation improvement for Gospels in one year and Act - Rev in one year.
- $ in Bible text is rendered as Null inside formatting tags like Red, Italics, OT quotes and Translators' notes.
- Viewing images using external app may fail when MySword opened another app, was evicted from memory then was restarted.
- Reading Plan Own Pace crashes when adding Reading of single chapter book with chapter number 1, e.g. Oba 1 or 2Jn 1.
Enjoy God's word even more!