Make A Donation
If you are blessed using this software, please consider making a generous donation to help us continue to support, improve, and upgrade MySword Project. Thank you very much for your support
New Version - v.10.1
MySword 10.1's major features are Editor Paste Special for HTML content, improvement on People/Relationship diagram, replacement of Choose folder using ES File Explorer and bugfixes.
If your device is Google Play Store (Android Market) enabled, note that you can also download the stable Free version (MySword 10.1) from the Google Play Store.
Please note that only the Free version is now available in Google Play while the one available from this website can be upgraded to Premium or Deluxe version. The website version can always be installed over the Google Play version by checking Unknown sources (Android Settings->Security).
If your device is not Google Play Store enabled, in your Android device's browser, click either of the download links below.
Please note that the latest version of MySword (MySword 9.2 or higher) requires ICS (Android 4.0) or higher. If your device is still Gingerbread 2.3.1 or Honeycomb, please download the older version MySword 9.1.2 below. If you still have Eclair or Froyo, please download an even older version of MySword 7.4 below.
Older version of MySword v.9.1.2 - 2 June 2018 (Gingerbread/Honeycomb)
Older version of MySword v.7.4 - 6 December 2016 (Eclair/Froyo)
For MySword to be properly installed in your Android device, make sure the Unknown Sources setting is checked in Settings->Applications.
- Installation Instructions
- What's new in Version 10.1
- Bugs Fixed in Version 10.1
- What's new in Version 10.0
- Bugs Fixed in Version 10.0
- Change Log of MySword - Old Versions to latest
Install MySword APK file (preferably downloading the link above in your Android device). If this message "For security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained from the Google Play" or a similar one appears, you will have to enable the installation of applications from sources other than Google Play. To do this, go to Settings->Security and check Unknown Sources. Then try to install again MySword APK.
After successful installation, run MySword. You will then be asked to specify a folder in your SD card (or internal storage) as a place for the Bible, Dictionary and Commentary modules. You may choose to use the default. After specifying that folder, you will be asked to download modules so that you can use MySword. You can choose the suggested modules (includes some popular English Bibles, Strong's dictionary and TSK commentary) or add more modules by tapping Bible, Commentary or Dictionary buttons and selecting modules).
You can also manually install any modules by downloading the GZip files from this site, unzipping them and copying them into the storage folder you had specified.
Enjoy God's word!
- Editor Paste Special using long tap on the Paste button for HTML/formatted content with the following options:
- Paste as is - similar to long tap on the Editor, tap the caret/insert handle to show menu, then tap Paste.
- Adapt font sizes - make all hard-coded font sizes, paddings, margins, line height and text indents (px and pt) into proportional to MySword's Text size so it can be zoomed.
- Adapt colors - make all text and background colors adapt to MySword Color Theme so it will adapt to different Themes like light or dark ones.
- No colors - remove all text and backtround colors.
- No styles - remove all CSS styles (formatting).
- Text size - default to 100 (%) used by Adapt font sizes option.
- Preview - preview before pasting.
- People relationship diagram improvement: the Show people link preference now shows the following options:
- All - the old behavior of showing for all verses
- Humans only - don't show the link for God as it's already obvious and will clutter the end of verses, especially in Psalms (note that the diagram will still include God)
- No single nodes - exclude also persons without named direct ancestor or child like Paul
- Replacement of Choose folder using ES File Explorer for Lollipop and higher.
- Embedded translators' notes is not working on notes on titles, e.g. Psa 34:1 BSB.
- Split windows (Deluxe) of 3 or more panes with 2 or more non-bible panes of similar type (e.g. commentary or dictionary) but different content will have a mixed up title when Tags are updated in the Bible pane.
- Insert File Link in Editor (Deluxe) uses the Internal Storage file in case of same path name as External Storage.
- People relationship (ancestor/descendant) diagram for Kitkat and higher:
- Switch between Regular left to right tree view or Radial view.
- Expand/collapse ancestor and descendant line.
- Show information about a person including verses he/she is found.
Enable the feature in Preferences->Other Look and Feel (or just search for people).
The first image below shows David's family tree in the Default Horizontal Tree view while the second shows Joseph's family tree in the Radial view in Dark mode.
- Navigation bar (bottom for those without hardware buttons) now has the same background color as the Status bar above in Material Theme.
- Highlight screen improvement: added Search in the Menu to search the Bible for occurrences of the highlight.
- New display preference: Compact view page scroller (show or hide).
- New Bible view preference (Deluxe): Hide annotations. Hides notes, tags, custom cross-references, Bible pictures, embedded Bible commentary, commentary links, map links and people links (per split window).
- Red circle location markers in Maps are no longer showing in Chrome/WebView 72.0.3226.96 update.
- Dark Holographic Theme for Android Pie shows a menu with black text over dark gray background:
- Full screen then tap alternate Menu (upper right).
- Overflow Menu (top right) for all screens.
- Select Journal entry could crash in Android Pie if the Id box is not focused.
- Search Highlight don't remember properly the highlight upon return from the main screen (it's usually one less in color position).
- Edit Cross References (Deluxe) crashes on Remove and there are no references.
- Format (Deluxe) crashes on very short verse with 10 or less characters (e.g. 1Th 5:17 Korean).
- Horizontal scrolling (Deluxe):
- Division has ugly blurring if with image background. If using prebuilt Color theme, just reselect it; otherwise, please edit the custom Color Theme, check then uncheck the Tile then save again.
- The horizontal scroll bar is thick in some devices like Samsung.
- Page navigation does not go to the end in some devices though swiping still works.
Enjoy God's word even more!