We are happy to announce the availability of MySword 4.4 for download. MySword 4.4's major feature is Android Kit kat (Android 4.4) support. Also, Regular Expression search (raw Java-based) is added and there are many improvements in the Editor.
Please go to the Download MySword page.
The noteworthy new features of MySword 4.4 are:
- Kit kat support:
- Full screen is now fully immersed (the virtual navigation bar is invisible if present).
- Fixed not working Notes and Journal links, and popup View More.
- Fixed Bible popup not scrolling to the verse sometimes.
- Fixed the text selection dictionary/search long-tap lookup (Deluxe).
- Clearer large button icons in xhdpi and xxhdpi devices like Sony Xperia Ultra Z as well as hdpi devices like HD tablets.
- Editor improvements:
- New Highlight selector now includes colors and boxes.
- Highlights inside highlight (Custom CSS span class) are now allowed, e.g. %h1 Hello %h2 world%!%
- Multiple CSS class names is now allowed by using + as separator, e.g. %bx+bx1+h3 Hello world!%
- Added menu action Detect verses which can automatically make Bible verses references as links. Type the Bible references without [[ and ]] and this feature will automatically enclose them all in [[ and ]].
- Insert Icon (Deluxe) CSS style is changed from width:32px to min-width:32px;width:1.5em.
- Search improvements (available for Free version):
- Each search result item can now show different fonts for main text, Greek, Hebrew and Extended Latin.
- Added search type: Prefix and Exact (No accents). Using the same index used by Exact and No accents search types, it is similar to No accents search but it does not allow suffix and infix matches. For example: kill will not match skill but will match kill, kills, killed and killing.
- Added search type: Regular expression (No accents). Using the same index used by Exact and No accents search types, Java Regular Expression pattern matching is used on the app-side and not the database-engine side unlike the other search types so this is slower (4 to 5 seconds in Nexus 7 2012 edition searching ISV). But you can achieve exact search for example: \bcry\b will only match the exact word cry as \b is for word boundary. This search is for advanced search.
- Added Help in the Menu or Action bar which explains the differences among the search types. Examples are given as well.
- Show (Personal) Notes icon is now separated from Show Translators' Notes.
- Tag Notes (Deluxe) now use the full editor by default:
- In Tag screen, go to Menu/Action bar, select Preferences and uncheck "Use full editor for tag notes" if old editor is desired.
- Insert image button will not save the image into any module but may ask you to copy the file into mysword/images folder.
- With Adhoc notes tag, you can now easily insert pictures and show them in the Bible.
For example, you can place the promises, visions and dreams the Lord had placed in your heart.
The following bugs were fixed:
- Clear abbreviation cache in Preferences is disabled in Free version.
- The Main view content freezes in ASUS Jelly bean after Search, Editor or About but refreshes again after popup.
- Wrong previous/next navigation in some Commentary entries, e.g. Barnes Psa 3:1 and Bridgeway 1Co 10:23. This is caused by non-sequential ids.
- Search result does not highlight non-prefix keyword if search type is non-FTS but FTS index is present.
- About Module with large content like Wight Manners causes a crash.
- TS1998 search results and preview does not properly show accented characters even if the result is using the Extended Latin font.
- Search result preview will not properly use the Hebrew, Greek or Latin font if those words (Hebrew, Greek and Latin) are part of the keywords searched.
- Verse Selector book name wraps in Large Font and displays only one line so 1 Thessalonians reads 1.
- Included the Single high-reversed-9 quotation mark (‛) which looked like grave accent in Latin font so that it can be properly displayed in some Strong's transliteration when using ordinary font as the main font. E.g. H6098 עצה ‛êtsâh
- Popup of Merged XRefs for Greek and Hebrew text do not use the font and font sizes.
- Links of modules with abbreviation containing + does not work.
- Does not allow overlapping words of Jesus in red and format highlight (Deluxe).
- New tag save, update then save again will create two tags.
We are making MySword better. Thank you for your feedback.
Enjoy using MySword!