We are happy to announce the availability of MySword 3.5 for download. MySword 3.5's major feature is the Better Download Manager for Gingerbread and higher that is Android Download-Manager-based, more resilient to timeouts, disconnects and can self-resume downloads.
Please go to the Download MySword page.
The noteworthy new features of MySword 3.5 are:
- Download improvements:
- Module list file is now cached under the download folder inside MySword's modules path.
- Better Download Manager for Gingerbread and higher that is Android Download-Manager-based, more resilient to timeouts, disconnects and can self-resume downloads.
- Added optional password for Journal.
- Search improvement: Added View More for Bible to view the entire chapter.
- Added user-configurable list limit in Select Journal Id/Topic via menu useful for Books with hundreds of topics. Note that limit higher than the default 100 could slow down list retrieval and display in slow devices.
- Added user-configurable list limit in Select dictionary Word via menu useful for listing all entries. The new default is increased from 20 to 25.
- Footer navigation changes to arrow ASCII symbols if normal text will not fit.
- Recall previous copy/export and backup/restore paths.
- Share improvement (Premium): dashes and quotes that are non-ASCII are reduced to ASCII to reduce the number of bytes useful for SMS. For example, John 1:12 NET is now 1 SMS instead of 3.
- Text-to-speech for commentary, dictionary, personal notes, book and journal (Deluxe version).
The following bugs were fixed:
- Copy Verse Range list is not visible in some Gingerbread or lower devices as well as in Honeycomb and up using Default Theme for Honeycomb Theme.
- Deluxe Split view scroll issues at start up (only but fine during normal use):
- The leftmost split view does not scroll properly and is always at the top.
- The other split views in types other than Bible does not scroll at the correct position in high and extra high pixel densities (Nexus 7 and 10 tablets) but is fine in medium (most tablets).
- Text-to-speech: ndash (NET, LEB) and mdash (ASV, ISV, LEB, NHEB, WEB) are read as hyphen by SVOX.
- Editor restarts with Failed to initialize null if Android reclaims memory when you switch to other apps.
- Other screens restart with Failed to initialize null or crash if Android reclaims memory when you switch to other apps.
We are making MySword better. Thank you for your feedback.
Enjoy using MySword!