John 1:14 KJV And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
John 3:16-18 KJV For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!
As our gift to all of our users for this Christmas season, we have released MySword 3.4 which sports Text-to-speech for Bible view (talking Bible), improved button icons (clearer in low end devices as well as extra high density devices like Galaxy Notes I & II), and other improvements.
Please go to the Download MySword page.
The noteworthy new features of MySword 3.4 are:
- Text-to-Speech support for Bible view.
- Note that the Text-to-Speech engine of Android must be setup first properly before this will work.
- Also, it is advisable to use advanced human-like engines and voices like the paid SVOX Classic or the currently free-while-in-beta IVONA.
- Long tapping the Play button will show the Settings where you can set the volume, pitch, speed, repeat mode (repeat page or continuous), and background instrumental music.
- Button icons are optimized and made clearer/sharper for low (ldpi), medium (mdpi) and extra high (xhdpi) pixel densities. Some icons are also optimized for high (hdpi) pixel densities. The following devices will benefit most:
- ldpi - Galaxy Y, Pocket, LG L3 and many low-end devices
- mdpi - Galaxy Ace, Sony Xperia Go, Miro, Tipo, LG L5, HTC Explorer and most tablets
- xhdpi - Galaxy Notes I & II, Galaxy S III, LG Nexus 4, Optimus Vu and other high pixel density devices
- Notes icon in Bible verses is optimized and made clearer/sharper in high (hdpi) and extra high (xhdpi) pixel densities just like the above for Gingerbread and higher.
- The editor bottom buttons height is adjusted to normal taller height for 4 inches or higher screens. It was originally intentionally made shorter for small screen devices like Galaxy Y.
- Search improvements:
- Added Reindex menu item to be able to recreate the Exact, No accents (diacritics), Full-text search (FTS) - Standard, and FTS - Exact / No accents indexes.
- Made the Exact, No accents (diacritics), Full-text search (FTS) - Standard, and FTS - Exact / No accents indexes case-insensitive for non-Latin characters like Greek. You will need to Reindex indexes created in old version of MySword.
- Search Limit (Premium and Deluxe) is now saved so that when you exit MySword, it is remembered the next time you search.
- Search history is now sorted such that the most recent search key is on the top and not at the bottom. This is very helpful for many items in the list requiring scrolling. Reusing an old key will move it to the top.
- Search history is now saved (into the settings database) so that when you exit MySword, it is remembered the next time you search. Only the most recent 50 search keys are saved. Long tap the Search History button (down arrow) to change the limit.
- Added clear search history button in the Search history dialog. It also clears the saved history.
- Unmatched double quotes can now be used: if ends only with a double quote, a beginning double quote is automatically added; if starts with double quote or there is one double quote somewhere in the middle, an ending double quote is automatically added.
- If you will be launching search from Bible Compare or Parallel, the Bible translation that will be selected (default to the first in the list) will now be remembered.
- Editor improvements:
- Added Delete line in the Menu.
- Added Insert Insight template via the Insert button (+) and Edit template in the Menu.
- Verse Selector improvement: clicking the verse will now automatically go to the verse so you do not have to tap Select.
- Share content now includes all apps that can handle text/plain MIME type like Email, SMS/Messaging, Google+, Twitter, etc (Premium Feature). Facebook does not support Android Share action so please use a proxy or aggregator like TweetDeck or Seesmic.
- Copy/Export->Copy Verse Range improvement: option for No formatting tags (Premium Feature).
- Added Delete module button similar to Journal for Bible, Commentary and Dictionary. It is also now possible to delete read-only Journals/Books.
- Faster scroll for Bible chapter with too many gradient highlights by limiting the border blur to a maximum of 3 pixels.
- Included 4 inch width Editor in split view for Deluxe. 7 inch tablets have approximately 4 inch width in portrait mode. You can still go to full editor mode by tapping the Split button twice.
- Support for Jelly Bean tablets' multi-user mode.
The following bugs were fixed:
- Personal Notes bugs:
- Insert Personal Notes entry triggers a "table commentary2 has no column named toverse..." error if an Exact or No Accent index is present.
- Insert Personal Notes entry triggers an "error code 19: PRIMARY KEY must be unique" error if an FTS index is present.
- Delete Personal Notes entry will not delete the FTS Exact index entry which causes insert error for the same verse.
- Create FTS may insert wrong rowids so any updates are not reflected in the index.
- Updating notes whose verse is not the same as the current Bible verse (may happen if you select verse or use the previous/next buttons) will change the internal current verse to that of the Bible's because of wrong refresh of the Bible view, so the next Add/Edit will show a wrong verse (the current Bible verse).
- FTS (Standard and Exact) search result for Personal Notes is not sorted by verse but by record order. The fix requires reindexing.
- The editor bottom buttons height is too short in Deluxe Split View for tablets with high pixel densities (hdpi or xhdpi) ASUS Pad Infinity, Acer Iconia Tab A700, Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9 (hdpi) and Nexus 10 (xhdpi).
- Fresh install leaves empty folders in the default path if different path is chosen, and the default path as well as the new path previously do not exist.
- Search and Download screen when closed by Android to reclaim memory if you open other apps may cause a forever spinning progress dialog when you go back to MySword and Android restores the Search or Download screen. Clicking back is not possible and a Force Close in Android Settings->Apps is necessary to restore original behavior.
- Only the default user is supported in Jelly Bean multi-user tablets because only the default's data path is accessed so other users will throw permission denied exception.
We are making MySword better. Thank you for your feedback.
Enjoy using MySword!