Make A Donation
If you are blessed using this software, please consider making a generous donation to help us continue to support, improve, and upgrade MySword Project. Thank you very much for your support
New Version - v.6.2
MySword 6.2's major features are Search improvements like search tag or title only, and Compact mode's ability to add two semi-transparent bottom buttons.
If your device is Google Play Store (Android Market) enabled, note that you can also download the stable version (MySword 6.2) from the Google Play Store.
If your device is not Google Play Store enabled, in your Android device's browser, click either of the download links below.
If your device is Google Play Store (Android Market) enabled, note that you can also download the new version from the Google Play Store.
If your device is not Google Play Store enabled, in your Android device's browser, click the download link below.
Please note that MySword requires the minimum Android version of 2.1 (Eclair) for it to be installed.
For MySword to be properly installed in your Android device, make sure the Unknown Sources setting is checked in Settings->Applications.
- Installation Instructions
- What's new in Version 6.2
- Bugs Fixed in Version 6.2
- What's new in Version 6.1
- Bugs Fixed in Version 6.1
- Change Log of MySword - Old Versions to latest
Install MySword APK file (preferably downloading the link above in your Android device). If this message "For security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained from the Google Play" or a similar one appears, you will have to enable the installation of applications from sources other than the Android Market. To do this, go to Settings->Security and check Unknown Sources. Then try to install again MySword APK.
After successful installation, run MySword. You will then be asked to specify a folder in your SD card (or internal storage) as a place for the Bible, Dictionary and Commentary modules. You may choose to use the default. After specifying that folder, you will be asked to download modules so that you can use MySword. You can choose the suggested modules (includes some popular English Bibles, Strong's dictionary and TSK commentary) or add more modules by tapping Bible, Commentary or Dictionary buttons and selecting modules).
You can also manually install any modules by downloading the GZip files from this site, unzipping them and copying them into the storage folder you had specified.
Enjoy God's word!
- Search improvements:
- New Search types: Title - for Dictionary/Book/Journal; Tag for Journal/Book. Both are plain string searches so prefix, infix and suffix are included.
- Tags if present are now included in the search results and preview/view more for Journal/Book
- Non-English modules (except Book/Journal) will default search type to No accent if present
- Improvement on Dictionary/Book/Journal Search index for No accents (diacritics), Regular expression (No accents) and the Deluxe Exact or Prefix and Exact [all use the same index]: title is now included in case it is not found in the content indexed. You will need to reindex via Menu->Reindex. The Standard type still do not include the title even if it is not found in the content to make searching faster while the Premium FTS and Deluxe FTS Exact already included the title.
- Compact mode improvement: you can now add 2 semi-transparent bottom buttons (go to Preferences->Buttons Arrangement->Compact mode custom buttons (bottom).
- Merge Bible references will now merge references enclosed in bold or italics.
- Popups will now make Bible links those references using underscore to separate book from chapter like Job_3:26 in Strong's H7951.
- Editor auto list (typing I. text Enter or 1. , A. , * or -) will no longer have 0 margin on list items so that Custom CSS will work.
- Support for anchor/bookmark range in Journals/Books similar to Dictionary LSJ useful popup of short text like abbreviation lookup that is reusable in different entries (also just like in The Word). The anchor name should not contain hyphen (-) as it is used for range. The options are:
- anchor name ends with - means text from the anchor up to before the next anchor (if any) only will be included; e.g. ##goal1-
- anchor name followed by - then another anchor name means up to before the second anchor name; e.g. ##goal1-goal4
- anchor name without - means old behavior including whole content for book/journal but not for dictionary; e.g. ##goal1
- Long tap text to show Popup menu improvement in Deluxe: Lookup word in other dictionaries.
- Horizontal scrolling (Deluxe) improvement: Previous chapter via swipe, link or button now goes to the end of the chapter.
- Strong's links on text (Deluxe) improvement: Morphological code only without Strong's number is now included (e.g. Gen 1:3 ALXX ειπεν link to v-aai-3s; please download the latest ALXX)
- Dictionary popup issues:
- Links within the same dictionary do not use the same dictionary but instead the default one.
- When Select is tapped on a dictionary popup opened from a dictionary popup, the default dictionary will be used instead of the one used in popup.
- Parallel top Prev/Next in Compact mode occupied extra columns in landscape or tablets.
- Split Modules Path check box is enabled in some devices even if there is no External SD card present.
- Sub menus of About, Copy/Export and Help does not show properly on full screen using non-Default theme.
- Share (Premium) content with Horizontal rule (HR tag, e.g. from Journal, Book or Dictionary) still shows the HTML tag.
- Share (Premium) content with paragraph embedded in list shows as Wiki.
- Strong text as link's (Deluxe) popup's morphological tags do not work on some modules.
- Word Frequency (Deluxe) do not work on Large buttons.
- Long tap text to show Popup menu is now also supported in Non-Compact mode for Jellybean and higher. You can disable the menu in both modes in Display Preferences.
- Compact mode improvement: top right menu buttons can now be customized (go to Preferences->Buttons Arrangement->Compact mode menu (top right).
- Dark and Light Holographic themes are now supported in QVGA or small devices (with smallest screens like Galaxy Chat, Pocket and Star).
- Bookmark and Verse List will now auto select the newly added verse so that if Select/Save is tapped next the current verse will not change.
- New Display preferences:
- Volume control page change: enabled by default (original behavior) but can be disabled to use volume control in change volume and not for page up and down.
- Parallel swipe page navigation: to enable horizontal swipe to change page in Parallel view, good if all columns fit.
- In compact mode, added Prev/Next links on the top in Parallel view.
- Compact mode long tap Dictionary lookup (Deluxe) will now show as popup if Dictionary link as popup is enabled.
- MySword crashes on Froyo and Eclair. It also crashes on Gingerbread if Larger Button size is selected.
- Compact mode crashes on QVGA devices (smallest screens like Galaxy Chat, Pocket and Star).
- External MySword links (in SMS, email, etc) and apps linked to MySword (Bible Reading Plan, etc) will cause a crash in case MySword is not running in the background.
- WYSIWYG Editor's increase/decrease indent on list create invalid nesting of HTML list even though it is still displayed properly.
- Verse list slows down on verse range spanning many verses like Psa 119:1-176.
Enjoy God's word even more!