- Category: Download
- Published on Saturday, 19 March 2011 00:00
- Written by Admin
- Hits: 811693
Make A Donation
If you are blessed using this software, please consider making a generous donation to help us continue to support, improve, and upgrade MySword Project. Thank you very much for your support
New Version - v.5.3
MySword 5.3's major features are Link to MySword, better support for Bibles and commentaries with verse entries, and other improvements.
If your device is Google Play Store (Android Market) enabled, note that you can also download the stable version (MySword 5.3) from the Google Play Store.
If your device is not Google Play Store enabled, in your Android device's browser, click either of the download links below.
If your device is Google Play Store (Android Market) enabled, note that you can also download the new version from the Google Play Store.
If your device is not Google Play Store enabled, in your Android device's browser, click the download link below.
Please note that MySword requires the minimum Android version of 2.1 (Eclair) for it to be installed.
For MySword to be properly installed in your Android device, make sure the Unknown Sources setting is checked in Settings->Applications.
- Installation Instructions
- What's new in Version 5.3
- Bugs Fixed in Version 5.3
- What's new in Version 5.2
- Bugs Fixed in Version 5.2
- Change Log of MySword - Old Versions to latest
Install MySword APK file (preferably downloading the link above in your Android device). If this message "For security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained from the Android Market" or a similar one appears, you will have to enable the installation of applications from sources other than the Android Market. To do this, go to Settings->Applications and check Unknown Sources. Then try to install again MySword APK.
After successful installation, run MySword. You will then be asked to specify a folder in your SD card as a place for the Bible, Dictionary and Commentary modules. You may choose to use the default. After specifying that folder, you will be asked to download modules so that you can use MySword. You can choose the suggested modules (includes some popular English Bibles, Strong's dictionary and TSK commentary) or add more modules by tapping Bible, Commentary or Dictionary buttons and selecting modules).
You can also manually install any modules by downloading the GZip files from this site, unzipping them and copying them into the SD card folder you had specified.
Enjoy God's word!
- Link to MySword - open MySword from other apps via HTML link, e.g. http://mysword.info/b?r=Psa_37_3-6/ISV
- Semi-transparent scroll buttons at the lower right. This can be hidden, shown in full screen (default) or always (even in non-full screen) via Display Preferences. The buttons are also available in popups, preview and Mini Bible viewer which can also be hidden.
- Better support for Bibles with verse entry consisting of a range of verses (paraphrased like in EasyEnglish):
- Highlight now works in contained verses by highlighting the block.
- Properly scrolls to the contained verses.
- Better support for Commentaries with verse range entries like EasyEnglish (one chapter per entry) and Matthew Henry: does not reload and scrolls to top in case the new verse is already contained.
- Added Check for updates in About and What's New screens for non-Google Play users.
- Long press Share button (Premium) for option to share text with link or just link.
- Horizontal scrolling (Deluxe) improvement: swipe left/right will move to next/previous chapter/entry in case the page is already at the far end (right-most or left-most).
- Bookmarks improvements in Deluxe version:
- For non-Bible, the Add/Remove/Module buttons are now equally spaced.
- For non-Bible, the scroll percentage is now device independent.
- Label a bookmark item by tapping the icon at the far right of each item. You can also just replace the bookmark retaining the old label and sort position.
- Bible links with specified module (e.g. [[Psa 23:1/KJV]]) when merged do not properly show in popup.
- Compact Bible popup does not have top margin.
- Password in Journals are bypassed in Journal entry link as popup, edit journal entry, as well as in search result and view more.
- Editing Journal entry details will inject merge Bible ref links to content in case there are Bible refs and Merge is enabled.
- Bible links created in non-WYSIWYG editor for Tag Notes (Deluxe) does not work in Popups after MySword 5.2 update.
- Tag custom position (Deluxe) in Horizontal scrolling cannot be used as the height of display is too small.
- Format and Tag custom position (Deluxe) display do not have top margin.
- In themes with background image in Horizontal scrolling (Deluxe), short content always have excess second blank page.
- New Display setting to enable/disable Hardware acceleration. This is for those devices that experience flicker or any problems because of the poor support for hardware acceleration like old devices with custom Honeycomb ROM.
- Commentary and Dictionary view improvement: In case there is an entry for a certain module, the Abbreviation is highlighted with green color in the selection list, shortcut buttons and drawer.
- WYSIWYG Editor improvements:
- New WYSIWYG (Other) Format button for alignment, text size, subscript and superscript.
- Insert named anchor/bookmark (used for in-page link) via Insert button. To link to it within the same page, use ##AnchorName as Link. To link to another page, insert first the link and edit to include at the end of Link #AnchorName.
- Notes and Journal now supports links to named Anchor/bookmark in another page.
- The Word links of the form "tw://bible.*?43.3.16" are now recognized as Bible links.
- New Visual Color Theme Editor (Premium) items: Hebrew and Greek.
- New Deluxe Display setting: Horizontal scrolling:
- Number of columns. Default means scrolling is vertical, the old behavior; otherwise, the display becomes multi-column and content flows to the columns causing the scrolling to be horizontal like in physical book pages. The number of columns is the number of viewable columns.
- Column gap - the number of logical pixels from 0 to 100.
- Compare does not style Latin text like in TS1998 when there is Hebrew or Greek styled before it.
- Links to named anchor (bookmark) in popup do not work but works in Main view.
- Grid Verse Selector for chapter/verse highlights other numbers in Psalms when scrolled.
- In Kitkat 4.4.3, non-Bible bookmarks (Premium) do not properly scroll down to the right position.
- Bible search indexer does not strip off translators' notes with specified text display (RF tags with q attribute like in NHEB and EasyEnglish).
- Parallel view (Premium) with Hebrew that has Strong or interlinear text is not in RTL.
- Red letters (Premium) turned off still shows red in some popups like Merged Bible references and Cross references.
- Visual Color Theme Editor's (Premium) previous fix affected the initial display of Body (Text), Split Active (Text) and Split Inactive (Text) as the color sliders display the background color instead.
Enjoy God's word even more!
- 21 August 2014 - MySword for Android 5.3 Released
- 05 August 2014 - MySword for Android 5.3 RC 1 Released
- 05 August 2014 - Link or open MySword from other apps
- 24 June 2014 - MySword for Android 5.2 Released
- 17 June 2014 - MySword for Android 5.2 RC 1 Released
- 13 May 2014 - MySword for Android 5.1 Released
- 08 May 2014 - MySword for Android 5.1 RC 2 Released
- 06 May 2014 - EasyEnglish Bible and Commentaries available for download
- 01 May 2014 - MySword 5.1 Split Modules path for Kitkat (internal plus External SD)
- 01 May 2014 - MySword for Android 5.1 RC 1 Released