- Category: Download
- Published on Saturday, 19 March 2011 00:00
- Written by Admin
- Hits: 774309
Make A Donation
If you are blessed using this software, please consider making a generous donation to help us continue to support, improve, and upgrade MySword Project. Thank you very much for your support
New Version - v.5.2
MySword 5.2's major features are WYSIWYG Editor improvements, Commentary/Dictionary view improvement, and Horizontal scrolling in Deluxe.
If your device is Google Play Store (Android Market) enabled, note that you can also download the stable version (MySword 5.2) from the Google Play Store.
If your device is not Google Play Store enabled, in your Android device's browser, click either of the download links below.
If your device is Google Play Store (Android Market) enabled, note that you can also download the new version from the Google Play Store.
If your device is not Google Play Store enabled, in your Android device's browser, click the download link below.
Please note that MySword requires the minimum Android version of 2.1 (Eclair) for it to be installed.
For MySword to be properly installed in your Android device, make sure the Unknown Sources setting is checked in Settings->Applications.
- Installation Instructions
- What's new in Version 5.2
- Bugs Fixed in Version 5.2
- What's new in Version 5.1
- Bugs Fixed in Version 5.1
- Change Log of MySword - Old Versions to latest
Install MySword APK file (preferably downloading the link above in your Android device). If this message "For security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained from the Android Market" or a similar one appears, you will have to enable the installation of applications from sources other than the Android Market. To do this, go to Settings->Applications and check Unknown Sources. Then try to install again MySword APK.
After successful installation, run MySword. You will then be asked to specify a folder in your SD card as a place for the Bible, Dictionary and Commentary modules. You may choose to use the default. After specifying that folder, you will be asked to download modules so that you can use MySword. You can choose the suggested modules (includes some popular English Bibles, Strong's dictionary and TSK commentary) or add more modules by tapping Bible, Commentary or Dictionary buttons and selecting modules).
You can also manually install any modules by downloading the GZip files from this site, unzipping them and copying them into the SD card folder you had specified.
Enjoy God's word!
- New Display setting to enable/disable Hardware acceleration. This is for those devices that experience flicker or any problems because of the poor support for hardware acceleration like old devices with custom Honeycomb ROM.
- Commentary and Dictionary view improvement: In case there is an entry for a certain module, the Abbreviation is highlighted with green color in the selection list, shortcut buttons and drawer.
- WYSIWYG Editor improvements:
- New WYSIWYG (Other) Format button for alignment, text size, subscript and superscript.
- Insert named anchor/bookmark (used for in-page link) via Insert button. To link to it within the same page, use ##AnchorName as Link. To link to another page, insert first the link and edit to include at the end of Link #AnchorName.
- Notes and Journal now supports links to named Anchor/bookmark in another page.
- The Word links of the form "tw://bible.*?43.3.16" are now recognized as Bible links.
- New Visual Color Theme Editor (Premium) items: Hebrew and Greek.
- New Deluxe Display setting: Horizontal scrolling:
- Number of columns. Default means scrolling is vertical, the old behavior; otherwise, the display becomes multi-column and content flows to the columns causing the scrolling to be horizontal like in physical book pages. The number of columns is the number of viewable columns.
- Column gap - the number of logical pixels from 0 to 100.
- Compare does not style Latin text like in TS1998 when there is Hebrew or Greek styled before it.
- Links to named anchor (bookmark) in popup do not work but works in Main view.
- Grid Verse Selector for chapter/verse highlights other numbers in Psalms when scrolled.
- In Kitkat 4.4.3, non-Bible bookmarks (Premium) do not properly scroll down to the right position.
- Bible search indexer does not strip off translators' notes with specified text display (RF tags with q attribute like in NHEB and EasyEnglish).
- Parallel view (Premium) with Hebrew that has Strong or interlinear text is not in RTL.
- Red letters (Premium) turned off still shows red in some popups like Merged Bible references and Cross references.
- Visual Color Theme Editor's (Premium) previous fix affected the initial display of Body (Text), Split Active (Text) and Split Inactive (Text) as the color sliders display the background color instead.
- Download Manager improvements:
- Each module now displays the download size and the install size (in parentheses).
- The total download and install sizes are also displayed at the bottom.
- Support for Split Modules path for Kitkat which splits the Modules path to two:
- Internal storage for settings/mydata files, journals and notes (NOT deleted upon uninstall)
- External SD card for downloadable Bibles, books, commentaries, dictionaries, fonts and languages (DELETED upon uninstall).
This is recommended for Kitkat devices with small internal storage and a large external SD is available. To use it, please see: MySword 5.1 Split Modules path for Kitkat (internal plus External SD).
- New Preference: Merge adjacent Bible references. Embedded XRefs in Bible as well as Bible references in other modules can now be merged to have one popup that expands all the verses similar to Custom XRefs. It is available under Look and Feel with label Bible References, just after Cross-Reference. Other settings:
- Merge text - default to (refs%s), where %s is the placeholder for count of references
- Show merged references (Bible or Other modules) - show or hide the original Bible links merged
- Search improvement: exclude word/phrase (NOT IN) using hyphen (-) (FTS double quotes does not support exclusion/NOT, only a whole word can be excluded). Example, this will search for the verses with the word understand but without the word understanding (Standard search): understand -understanding
- Better/smoother content scrolling in ICS, Jellybean and Kitkat through hardware acceleration.
- Accented Greek is now properly displayed in the Dictionary Word button and Selector. Hebrew with diacritics are also supported for Kitkat or higher.
- Support for verse rules in Bible modules and Details.ParagraphIndent field (0 for none, 1 for default) for module creators.
- Long tap Bible Preferences button will show Toggle Verse Rules special features of the Module provided by module creators.
- Strong links (with the internal s command) will now always use the Selected Default Strong's in Premium version even if the current dictionary has Strong entry. For example, a Strong link in your Notes or Journal will use the Selected Default Strong-Lite even if your active dictionary is Strong.
- Editor Split view (Deluxe) setting is now remembered and saved.
- Some chapters in SBLGNT are showing as one big paragraph in verse mode (non-paragraph mode); E.g. Mat 1.
- In journal, tapping a link to a different journal opening a popup will cause the opening of the Topic Selector to use the latter journal.
- Book does not refresh when some settings like color theme, font and text size changed.
- Visual Color Theme Editor (Premium) has problem changing underline, bold and italic states of the Morphological tag if the states of Translator's notes or Cross Reference were initially set for Themes: Linen, Parchment and Light Golden Rod preset.
Enjoy God's word even more!
- 24 June 2014 - MySword for Android 5.2 Released
- 17 June 2014 - MySword for Android 5.2 RC 1 Released
- 13 May 2014 - MySword for Android 5.1 Released
- 08 May 2014 - MySword for Android 5.1 RC 2 Released
- 06 May 2014 - EasyEnglish Bible and Commentaries available for download
- 01 May 2014 - MySword 5.1 Split Modules path for Kitkat (internal plus External SD)
- 01 May 2014 - MySword for Android 5.1 RC 1 Released
- 30 April 2014 - MySword for Android Migration Tools v.2.4 Released
- 17 March 2014 - MySword for Android 5.0.1 Released
- 14 March 2014 - MySword for Android 5.0 Released