- Category: Download
- Published on Saturday, 19 March 2011 00:00
- Written by Admin
- Hits: 869405
Make A Donation
If you are blessed using this software, please consider making a generous donation to help us continue to support, improve, and upgrade MySword Project. Thank you very much for your support
New Version - v.5.4
MySword 5.4's major features are Editor improvements including set font and automatic save, and switch to other module types within Search for ICS and higher via sliding menu / navigation drawer.
If your device is Google Play Store (Android Market) enabled, note that you can also download the stable version (MySword 5.4) from the Google Play Store.
If your device is not Google Play Store enabled, in your Android device's browser, click either of the download links below.
If your device is Google Play Store (Android Market) enabled, note that you can also download the new version from the Google Play Store.
If your device is not Google Play Store enabled, in your Android device's browser, click the download link below.
Please note that MySword requires the minimum Android version of 2.1 (Eclair) for it to be installed.
For MySword to be properly installed in your Android device, make sure the Unknown Sources setting is checked in Settings->Applications.
- Installation Instructions
- What's new in Version 5.4
- Bugs Fixed in Version 5.4
- What's new in Version 5.3
- Bugs Fixed in Version 5.3
- Change Log of MySword - Old Versions to latest
Install MySword APK file (preferably downloading the link above in your Android device). If this message "For security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained from the Android Market" or a similar one appears, you will have to enable the installation of applications from sources other than the Android Market. To do this, go to Settings->Applications and check Unknown Sources. Then try to install again MySword APK.
After successful installation, run MySword. You will then be asked to specify a folder in your SD card as a place for the Bible, Dictionary and Commentary modules. You may choose to use the default. After specifying that folder, you will be asked to download modules so that you can use MySword. You can choose the suggested modules (includes some popular English Bibles, Strong's dictionary and TSK commentary) or add more modules by tapping Bible, Commentary or Dictionary buttons and selecting modules).
You can also manually install any modules by downloading the GZip files from this site, unzipping them and copying them into the SD card folder you had specified.
Enjoy God's word!
- RichText/WYSIWYG Editor improvements:
- Set Font
The date is using Great Vibes (text size 125%) while the other one is using Lobster Two (text size 110%). The new Auto save feature also fired while taking the screen shot.
- Edit style attribute (CSS) of current element or its parent. Styling the parent is useful when the Editor injects a span or you want to edit the OL or UL tag of list items.
- Edit raw HTML of the current element. This can be used to insert arbitrary HTML content.
- Copy via copy button will not copy empty string in case there is no selection.
- Detect verses will now allows spaces before/after colon and dash.
- Set Font
- Auto-save option in Editor. Default to Never, see Editor Menu.
- Switch to other module types within Search for ICS and higher via sliding menu via navigation drawer.
- Automatic detection of verses without links in popups now allows spaces before/after colon and dash.
- Automatic language file version check against new MySword app version if update is needed.
- Visual Color Theme Editor (Premium) new text related styles: Font, Text size and Line height.
- Search improvement: synonyms file used in FTS search now supports book abbreviations expanding to text containing spaces (Premium). The spaces must be encoded as underscores (_). In search, use the short no space version, e.g. 1Sa, or use underscore, e.g. 1_Sa
- Share non-Bible content (Premium) improvement: better lists (numbers/bullets/indentation) and paragraph conversion to text.
- Resizeable split main views (Deluxe). Tap the left/top part of the divider. Long tap the resizer to reset.
- Switching to Commentary view when there are no commentaries downloaded crashes MySword.
- Tapping a Strong number in the preview or search results without dictionaries crashes MySword.
- Tapping the upper left icon in Commentary and Dictionary without dictionaries and commentaries crashes MySword.
- A popup of journal link to another journal will make journal self links not to work because it is looking for the entry in the first journal.
- Bookmark selector buttons disappear when one is selected in ICS and Jellybean 4.1.
- Custom XRef popup do not Merge XRefs.
- Search and Merged XRefs:
- Merged XRefs not working in search results Bible link popups.
- Search results do not Merge XRefs.
- View more in search results highlights the item but does not update the internal current item so clicking Go to selected button gives a wrong item.
- Not nice popup and show whole chapter shows CSS elements.
- Popup of missing Bible that used a different module should reflect the change in the title.
- Merged Bible refs at the start of verse stops the verse highlight short in paragraph mode (Premium).
- Insert File Link (Deluxe) in WYSIWYG Editor does not work in pre-Kitkat devices because of the missing file:// in href which could be corrected by editing the link then just tap OK.
- Link to MySword - open MySword from other apps via HTML link, e.g. http://mysword.info/b?r=Psa_37_3-6/ISV
- Semi-transparent scroll buttons at the lower right. This can be hidden, shown in full screen (default) or always (even in non-full screen) via Display Preferences. The buttons are also available in popups, preview and Mini Bible viewer which can also be hidden.
- Better support for Bibles with verse entry consisting of a range of verses (paraphrased like in EasyEnglish):
- Highlight now works in contained verses by highlighting the block.
- Properly scrolls to the contained verses.
- Better support for Commentaries with verse range entries like EasyEnglish (one chapter per entry) and Matthew Henry: does not reload and scrolls to top in case the new verse is already contained.
- Added Check for updates in About and What's New screens for non-Google Play users.
- Long press Share button (Premium) for option to share text with link or just link.
- Horizontal scrolling (Deluxe) improvement: swipe left/right will move to next/previous chapter/entry in case the page is already at the far end (right-most or left-most).
- Bookmarks improvements in Deluxe version:
- For non-Bible, the Add/Remove/Module buttons are now equally spaced.
- For non-Bible, the scroll percentage is now device independent.
- Label a bookmark item by tapping the icon at the far right of each item. You can also just replace the bookmark retaining the old label and sort position.
- Bible links with specified module (e.g. [[Psa 23:1/KJV]]) when merged do not properly show in popup.
- Compact Bible popup does not have top margin.
- Password in Journals are bypassed in Journal entry link as popup, edit journal entry, as well as in search result and view more.
- Editing Journal entry details will inject merge Bible ref links to content in case there are Bible refs and Merge is enabled.
- Bible links created in non-WYSIWYG editor for Tag Notes (Deluxe) does not work in Popups after MySword 5.2 update.
- Tag custom position (Deluxe) in Horizontal scrolling cannot be used as the height of display is too small.
- Format and Tag custom position (Deluxe) display do not have top margin.
- In themes with background image in Horizontal scrolling (Deluxe), short content always have excess second blank page.
Enjoy God's word even more!
- 02 October 2014 - MySword for Android 5.4 Released
- 23 September 2014 - MySword for Android 5.4 RC 1 Released
- 21 August 2014 - MySword for Android 5.3 Released
- 05 August 2014 - MySword for Android 5.3 RC 1 Released
- 05 August 2014 - Link or open MySword from other apps
- 24 June 2014 - MySword for Android 5.2 Released
- 17 June 2014 - MySword for Android 5.2 RC 1 Released
- 13 May 2014 - MySword for Android 5.1 Released
- 08 May 2014 - MySword for Android 5.1 RC 2 Released
- 06 May 2014 - EasyEnglish Bible and Commentaries available for download